Saturday, February 17, 2024

One Experience Can Shape Many

Working with and for real estate professionals and investors for more than 30 years was not my original plan. My career actually began in radio broadcasting, which included studio work as well as covering events and doing live reports. When a report on the air is supposed to be 45 seconds long, it must be 45 seconds long and include important information for the audience at the time. I also went on to teach radio broadcasting part-time for seven semesters at Columbia College Chicago. 


Many years ago, some friends of mine got on the schedule to do a vendor presentation, along with two other companies. Because of my public speaking and presentation experience, they hired me to perform their presentation. We were slotted to go 2nd of the three. The guy presenting first had what I thought to be a more amazing product than what I had to talk about, and it worried me. However, I also noticed how he seemed insecure and was choppy during his presentation.


When it came to be my turn next, I got up and smoothly delivered my two minute presentation, making every sales point that was necessary, and then handled a couple of follow up questions with ease. Next, the 3rd presenter did not have as good of a product or presentation.


The result? Even though I didn’t think I was representing the best product, my guys got the sale! That moment showed me how much of a difference the presentation could make, regardless of the product or service.

 


 

Those radio broadcasting skills continue to help me when it comes to presenting properties, creating videos, hosting live educational webinars and seminars, and demonstrating the products and services my team and I now represent.


Meanwhile, I continue to see investors, agents, brokers, developers, builders, and others affiliated with real estate, miss out on potential deals and transactions because they don’t have the solid presentation and communication skills that often make the difference between winning and losing.


Over the years, I have occasionally helped my marketing clients with their presentation skills and have made an even more positive difference in their lives.


Now, as Real Estate Media Coach, I am available to specifically help real estate professionals and investors to increase their presentation skills. My having both the knowledge and experience from marketing campaigns for everything from multi-million dollar commercial developments to starter condos in low income areas combines with my communications coaching abilities.


I can work with individuals as well as large groups, including one-on-one time with each student. 

 

http://RealEstateMediaCoach.com  

No comments: